Version 1.8.0 Release Notes
SpringNotes is now free to download with a Note count limit of 25(including Notes in the trash) so you can now try SpringNotes before deciding if it is right for you.
If you have already paid for SpringNotes prior to this version don't worry, you are entitled to all current and future features and updates at no additional cost 😀
The reason we have moved over to this model is that we want people to be able to try SpringNotes and appreciate it’s power and unique features before deciding if it is right for them.
Most features are available in the free version with additional premium features and a note count unlock available as one time in-app purchases.
All SpringNotes in app purchases are one time only1 with future updates, additions and enhancements to the feature included. They are NOT subscriptions.
|Unlock||What you get||$USD Price|
|Ultimate||All current features below and all future features and updates - forever
Best Value + Supports ongoing development
|Unlimited Notes||Remove the Note count limit of 25 for an unlimited number of Notes + adds the ability to import Multiple Markdown Documents and muti Note SpringNotes
|All Colour themes||Adds an additional 4 handcrafted color themes + all new themes as they are added||$2.99|
|More Export Choices||Enable the export of Notes in PDF format and HTML+PDF. Great for sharing.||$1.99|
Please consider the Ultimate unlock which removes the (25) Note count limit and unlocks every current and future premium feature and update. Unlocking Ultimate, not only supports ongoing development but represents the best value for money as more planned premium features are added to SpringNotes. Please Note that Ultimate becomes unavailable to buy after any other feature is purchased.
All customers who have paid for SpringNotes prior to this release are granted Foundation status which is equivalent to Ultimate
New features in this release
- Share Notes with another user by exporting in SpringNotes
.sprnformat for re import into SpringNotes. You can select your whole Library or any group, folder, subfolder or single Note to share. Indenting and all backlinks are preserved so this is a great way to share a set of interrelated notes with another SpringNotes user or simply to serve as an offline copy of your Notes. Note importing SpringNotes
.sprnfiles requires the relevant entitlement.
- Export all Notes or a Notes Group from the SpringNotes Library in JSON or Markdown format for import into other applications as Markdown files. SpringNotes JSON format is documented here
- Import Markdown
.mdfiles to the Library to the Inbox or to a group folder or sub folder. Multiple files can be imported at once if you have the relevant entitlement.
- Character and Word Count for a note is now available from the ... menu in the Note Editor
- New sort options for the Note list including A..Z and Z..A and the order is rememberd when you re-open the app. Access Note sort via the … menu in the Note List.
- Fold All/Unfold all commands added to the toolbar and as keyboard shortcuts
- iOS swipe down gesture to dismiss the software keyboard
- Added CommonMark syntax for highlighting using paired
==while keeping the SpringNotes
::syntax so highlighting now works with both methods
- Re-design of the settings screen
- Complete re work of the in-app Help
- Removed importing from the Document List - Now all importing is accessible via the Library pane
- If you delete the included tutorial Note it will not re-install when the app is updated
- Multiple bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Thank you to everone who has provided feedback, it really helps, with many of the improvements and fixes in this version the direct result of user feedback.
If you do encounter a bug please let us know as we don’t want to leave any lurking around!
Visit the the SpringNotes Blog and the Q&A for the latest news re improvements we are working on for upcoming releases and if you have feedback or suggestions they are always welcome
1: Prices current as at Sept 12th 2022 in $USD. They may vary depending on your region.