Overdue update + next steps
It has been a while since the last blog update as we have been super busy working behind scenes to improve the SpringNotes note taking experience.
We are grateful for the positive reviews, suggestions and feedback received regarding SpringNotes.
A consistent theme from the feedback is that search needed to be improved. The last update V1.5.8 starts to address this by providing powerful find and replace within the editor. We hope it is on the mark as we tried to make it super fast and intuitive to use. Future updates will improve this even more and add cross note find so you can quickly “Jump” to any note within your library.
Other priorities have been mentioned in the version release splash screen and they are listed in more detail below;
Next 4-5 Weeks
1. Markdown preview improvements and export formatting improvements.
2. Improved Search across Notes as mentioned above and eventually integration with Apple Spotlight
3. Import plain text and TaskPaper files
Medium Term 2-3 Months
1. App URL Scheme so you can reference Notes from other apps and you can create a new note within SpringNotes via a URL scheme command.
2. So that more people can experience SpringNotes we are going to make it free to download but to limit the free version to a few notes. Existing owners will not be affected and the app unlocked after validating with the App Store.
3. Introduce a series of tutorial videos that explain how to get the best from SpringNotes.
Longer term 4 Months +
1. Support for images.
2. Implementation of the most popular suggestions from our users that are consistent with the SpringNotes Raison d'être.
3. Some great surprises!
We love to hear your suggestions and feedback to improve the app. Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas.
What we are working on right now….
SpringNotes is now 1 month young and we are delighted with the reception it has received.
Firstly, thank you to those who have provided feedback via our support email. We take onboard all feedback and are working hard to ensure SpringNotes performs as well as we can make it. Your suggestions are particularly helpful as this gives insight as to how the app is used. So please, keep the feedback coming and if you have suggestions related to any of the items below let us know.
Here is the things we plan to release in the coming couple of months - in no particular order:
1. A series of introductory videos that will help you get the most out of the app.
2. File import from your device. The options will grow over time and we plan to support text files only at this stage in the following formats;
- Markdown - limited to what SpringNotes can understand
- Plain Text
4. Improve Note navigation of outline view via the ∷ button
SpringNotes was released on January 8th, 2021.
We made a decision to hold the app release back to 2021 as with 2020 nearly over and so many things starting to change, 2021 brings a new year with new promise .
Given additional time we were able to add a couple of features Task Groups(Projects) and individual paragraph drag and key shortcut reordering.
Pricing: SpringNotes is offered as a single purchase across iPad, iPhone and Mac at a special introductory price for a limited time. When the introductory period is over the price of the unlocked app will rise. Plans are for SpringNotes to be initially free to download but limited to just a small number of notes and the unrestricted app unlocked with a one time In-App purchase. This strategy was developed as a result of feedback to make it easy for users to experience the app before buying - don’t worry, if you have already purchased SpringNotes you will NOT have to pay again and you will have purchased before the price rise!
Our vision for SpringNotes is to make note-taking enjoyable an easy and for any tasks or follow up activity arising from your notes quick to discover and act upon. The idea that tasks should stay within the context of the original notes is central to this approach and we have plans to enhance this experience as the app develops.
If you are finding SpringNotes useful please consider leaving an app review as it really helps to build the user base which will allow us to continue to make improvements and realise our vision.
If you would like to leave some feedback or require support please email us at the support address in the help pages.
SpringNotes release is imminent
The first release is complete and SpringNotes will be available in the coming weeks.
We are really happy with the app and look forward to hearing feedback from customers.
There are already plans for new features and they will be shaped by the feedback we receive. So if you have suggestions, compliments or constructive criticism please let us know by submitting a review.
Introducing SpringNotes.. (coming soon)
SpringNotes is a new approach to note taking. It is a powerful editor that supports advanced features like smart lists, text styling and outlining. It also includes an incredibly powerful tasks capability that helps you keep on top of those to-dos and commitments, without loosing context or overwhelming you with detail.
SpringNotes was developed to fulfil a need for a note taking app that manages tasks right within the original context of the notes.
The goal is simply to make you more productive.
The development of SpringNotes has taken more than three years and the same again in planning.
A search for that elusive mix of simplicity and power that inspired the development of a scratch to a lifetime itch.